The BHP Newman Yard Upgrade project aims to optimise the operation of the yard by renewing and rationalising existing track and signalling infrastructure reaching the end of its serviceable life.
RCR was awarded a contract with BHP for the design, procurement and construction of new Signalling and Communications Infrastructure at the Newman Rail Yard.
The fundamental scope requirements of this project are to:
- Remove existing signalling and communications infrastructure that has been identified as surplus to current yard operation requirements
- Replace signalling and communications infrastructure that has reached the end of its serviceable life with new infrastructure where applicable
- Upgrade the power system to current Australian, WA Electrical Requirements and WAIO standards
- Provide a new SMOF and transmission system to the nominated locations
- Capture and provide the necessary deliverables for all new changes associated with the Newman Yard Upgrade and update of the Rail Technology System (RTS)
- Capture and provide the necessary deliverables to ensure the physical layout of the yard is a true reflection of the RTS
All works are to be completed with minimum impact to the existing yard operations