The 1500V DC Feeders is part of the TfNSW Power Supply Upgrade Program that comprises a suite of electrical supply infrastructure projects throughout the Sydney Metropolitan rail network.
The upgrade included critically overloaded 1500V DC Feeder circuit sections at substations in Granville, Chatswood North, Strathfield, Gordon, Hornsby and Waverton.
The works were located in close proximity to the live rail system that had system interfaces with existing electrical, communications and civil infrastructure. RCR’s scope included:
- All civil, building and structural works
- Overhead Wiring Structure modifications to attach new DC feeder cables
- Overhead Wiring Structure termination plate modifications (where required)
- Construction and commissioning of works
- Modification of existing DCCB and IRCS 1500V DC cable termination (where required)
Replacement of any associated cabling when replacing the IRCS